Do you feel like you have a prayer-life that hits the ceiling, and falls right back to the ground? That is not God's design or desire! "The fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much!" The question is, what is the condition of your heart when you talk to, and listen for, God? Psalm 63 gives us five steps to a powerful prayer life.
1O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
2So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
- LORD ;"You are my God; Early will I seek You"
The word "early", in Hebrew refers to "dawn" ....seek diligently. Recognize that He is Lord. We don't come to a lifeless deity in our prayer, but to a "living" God!
- LONG ;"My soul thirsts ...my flesh longs" - used in KJV many times to "suffer thirst". Have you ever been really thirsty? I mean so thirsty that even the first drink of cool water still leaves your mouth parched. You're dehydrated! You must have more, to quench your thirst.
- LOOK ;"So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory." - Hebrew; to "pine" after. God will not be found near sin! Look for Him where "He" is; in His holy place!
- LOVE ;"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life." - Mercy, kindness, goodness, favour! Remember, He loved you first! You can't out-give Him, and you won't out-love Him! He sent His Son to die for you! Hold that thought while you pray!
- LAUD ;"My lips shall praise You." - or my language shall praise You! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!!